This week's #AskAware will provide info on how to deal with an elderly loved one that is resistant to care.
Here are the discussion questions for this topic:
1. What are the top three most effective strategies to approach a loved one (Elderly) with resistance and the need for care?
2. What are some of the most successful ways to manage resistance to help or talking?
3. How do you determine what care or assistance is needed?
4. How do I know which battle to pick when mom/dad are resistant to taking about their struggles and needs?
5. How do I know when it’s time to call professional for help with resistance?
6. What causes resistance and is it normal?
7. What do I do when mom is resistant and did is not?
8. What else can be done?